Priyanka Chopra’s Pahuna The Little Visitors – Releasing in Nepal
- November 27, 2018
Priyanka Chopra’s production venture Pahuna is the story of three Nepali children who get separated from their parents while fleeing the Maoist agitation from Nepal to Sikkim.
Priyanka Chopra’s production ventures have been appreciated for its content and she is one of the very few actors who is helping the regional films to grow. Pahuna is the story of three Nepali children who get separated from their parents while fleeing the Maoist agitation from Nepal to Sikkim. The film received an overwhelming response from the global audience. The Sikkimese film bagged two awards — Best Film (Jury Choice) and Special Mention By Professional Jury in the International Feature Film Category — at the ongoing SCHLINGEL International Children’s Film Festival in Germany.
The film has been directed by Paakhi Tyrewala. Pakhi had faced a lot of challenges for this movie. She had been rejected 10 times by many producers as they were reluctant to back the film with a woman director who wanted to make a film on children, based in Sikkim. Finally, it was our desi girl Priyanka Chopra who backed her for this project. Pakhi had even, in her interviews, said that it was not an easy film to back as it didn’t follow rules of commercial cinema but it was because of Priyanka that she could take this film to the world stage.
Producer Madhu Chopra is happy about this big win. She told Mid-Day, “Pahuna is relevant anywhere in the world where there is conflict, dislocation, and pain. Priyanka set up the production house with the idea of giving regional stories, artists and crew, a pan-India presence and if possible, international exposure. With this, we have achieved global exposure.” She also added that the film will have its premiere in India in December.
The film had also received a standing ovation as it premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival. This year, it has been good for regional cinema. India is accepting regional cinema with wide open arms. Director Rima Das’ film Village Rockstars is India’s official entry for the Oscars 2019. It has been selected as India’s official submission for the Best Foreign Language Film category at the Oscars. For the uninitiated, Village Rockstars is a story of Dhunu, a girl from a village in Assam, who has her own dream and wants to chase them. Well, Dhunu wants to have her guitar and have a rock band of her own.
November 27, 2018 Published
Related Articles and gossip :
- Wala Wala Lishyal by Jagat Lama Ghising & Jitu Lopchan || Purnima/Lakpa Lama
- “Haataarindai Bataasindai” magical voice and splendid music video by Sajjan Raj Vaidya
- Singer Sagun lama-2019 with his latest song ‘Maya jaal’.
- Shahas – Afno Ta Para Ni Farak Chha Ft. Pema Man Singh Tamang
- Timro Mayama by Nepal Idol season first contestant Buddha Lama’s new music video.
- Reviving an old Tharu story with a modern twist
- Kimdol, in the foothills of Swayambhunath, an abode of hippie artists, musicians, poets and writers How. A used bookstore in Kathmandu’s Jhochhen captured the spirit of the hippie movement
- Ravi Oad has became the second Nepal idol
- NABIN K. BHATTARAI TO START MUSICAL TOUR
- Pragya Lama (Sano Hamro Ghar) a film by PmstNepal has been nominated in Epic Nepal Music Award 2075.
- Dayahang Rai’s “Appa” on 7th June 2019
- SAYA – SUMMER LOVE -Nepali Movie Song by Pushpan Pradhan and Banika Pradhan Ft. Ashish Piya and Rewati Chhetri
- Releasing on 15 March movie ‘Jani Najani’, had released the posters.
- “Aankushe Maya” – New Tamang Selo 2018 By Raju Lama & Jitu Lopchan.
- Musical legends Sanjay Shrestha, Babin Pradhan, Sachin Rauniyar and Bhim Tuladhar are together with “A MANCHHE”